Yesterday saw the start of American Cancer Society (ACS) Relay Weekend. There are 36 regions in a circuit similar to Fantasy Faire but larger, with a track running through them all.
You can take laps around this track in aid of Relay For Life. There are themed builds along both sides of the entire track (known as campsites) that you can stop and explore, as well as donation vendors everywhere, so you can chip in your own contribution, which will usually also yield a gift item of some kind. I was able to snag one of the Ultra-rare Cancer Aware wishbears from a gatcha vendor.
This is just a sample of some of the fantastic builds by the track, you can see more I took in this Flickr Album.
The scheduled events run through to 5pm SLT/PST on Sunday 13th June, you can see the schedule on the ACS SecondLife website. Update: The track regions will be available “at least” until Thursday 17th so you have plenty of time to get over there and do a lap!
TP for the Fantasy Faire Campsite: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/RFL%20RESEARCH/111/112/24
Edit 14th June:
Why rainbows? I didn’t intend to mix meanings here, wearing a Pride (Rainbow) outfit to a Relay (Purple) event. Its quite simple, I wasn’t originally intending to blog the Relay (just do a lap) until I was part way around and saw all the beautiful builds, it was simply what I was already wearing when I got there.
My outfit Credits:
- Lipstick: Alchemy Alchemy – Pride Gift
- Eyeliner: POUT-Pride-Liner-Eye-make-up
- Face Tats/ Makeup: :R.Bento:: Love Wins – Pride TATS/Makeup pack June 2021
- Bikini: Blueberry – Splish Splash Pack – Pride@Home
- Body tattoo: Carol G – Pride@Home
- Sandals: tiptoes – Slide Sandals (Stripes) – Rainbow – Pride@Home
- Trousers: Rainbow Rhapsody Ladies Pants – Pride@Home
- Nails: Pride Nail Art Appliers 75L
- Watch: My Watch Pride
- Hair: Raven Bell – Luxe
- Water bottle: Available at any of the Campsites along the track